|All the Rage|
|Air date||July 23, 2010|
|Written by||Kira Snyder|
|Directed by||Mike Rohl|
"A New World"
"The Story of O2"
|Cast | Transcript|
|Season 3||Season 5|
Tess is moving in with Carter but Carter is less than excited about it. Dr. Fargo is coping with being the director of Global Dynamics when blind rage infects everyone at Global Dynamics with catastrophic results, and Carter makes a tough choice. Dr. Deacon and Dr. Grant work on the space-time bridge, but odd things happen while trying to activate it which may be a result of their forbidden time travel. However, it turns out Grace was simply pranking them.
Dr. Isaac Parrish, the brilliant, egotistical director of the Non-Lethal Weapons Lab, is feeling a little undervalued these days. Then all his latent hostility goes viral, infecting everyone with such fury that no one is safe, especially Fargo.
- Carter: Could be some sort of a brain virus or-or-or Hulk juice.
- Allison: These are the physical and mental symptoms of rage.
- Carter: So we're dealing with a bunch of mad scientists?
- [Jo restrains Zane, both are sick with rage]
- Zane: Bite me Lupo!
- Jo: Don't tempt me.
- Carter: We gotta move fast, can you flip the switch and make the anger off, happy on?
- Carter: Attention! Unruly... zombies.
- The phrase 'all the rage' has a long history as a descriptor of fashion, the 'must-have' item of the moment, although it's often used disparagingly, or by those without the urge to participate. The literal wrath uncorked by the machine here adds another dimension.